Monday, January 23, 2006

iPod Shuffle

I picked up an iPod Shuffle, the 1GB model from craigslist yesterday. I was looking for something that carried just enough music for my bike trips and wear it around my neck easily at home or anywhere. I looked at other devices but since I had some purchased iTunes songs, my best bet was an iPod. Those songs don't play on any other devices.

The Shuffle was the best bet for me but the price was too high. I've seen 512MB models sell for less than $80 which was a good price compared to $129 new. But when I found a 1GB model for $80, that was a good deal I could not pass. I'm pleasantly surprised that I enjoy the device as much as my previous iPods. It does take some time to get used to not having a display, but it means I need to learn how to better manage my playlists in iTunes to take advantage of the Shuffle.

I use a tape adapter in the car plugged into the headphone jack of the Shuffle to hear music. The lanyard is used to hang it on the rear view mirror. I don't need to be so careful with it like my past iPods because the casing is plastic and very durable. Now I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can about it and how to get the most listening pleasure out of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home