Monday, April 11, 2005

Birthday weekend over

The new week begins and the birthday weekend is over. Yesterday I went out with my sister in law and saw Sin City. Great movie, it was like watching a comic book come alive. This is not a movie to take kids to, there was a lot of violence and some nudity. It's been a long time waiting for a movie like this.

I also watched The Corporation and Sideways. Sideways was a good movie, but I felt at the end of watching it, something missing from it all. I really don't know what the big deal was about the movie in the awards shows this year. Don't get me wrong, it was a good movie and we both enjoyed it. Perhaps I need to watch it again, maybe I missed something.

The Corporation was a movie that got me thinking more about what I should do towards issues of the environment and child labour sweatshops. Sure, it's just like another Michael Moore movie and you never know who is telling the truth, it's just the other side of the coin. But you take the information from both sides and come to your own conclusion. In this movie most of the information you can easily Google for it and read more to get the facts. I recommend everyone to see this movie and learn more about what corporations are doing and not doing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home